Born in 1951 in the city of Kazan.
1. Bachelor of Science, Faculty of Philosophy, Moscow State University named after M.V.Lomonosov, 1983
2. Dissertation for a candidate’s degree, 1992
Theme: “Interconnections of politics and economics in theory and practice of dictatorship of the proletariat”
Uralskiy State University (Ekaterinburg)
1. 1984-1994 - Kazan State Institute for Culture, Dept. of Philosophy, Senior Teacher
2. From 1995 to present - Academy of Sciences of Tatarstan Institute for History, Dept. of History of Social Thought and Islamic Studies, Senior researcher
Fields of research and expert activities:
From 1997 is an expert of the Network for Ethnic Monitoring and Early Warning (EAWARN) under the international project “Conflict Management in the Post-Soviet States” in the Republic of Tatarstan (founding director of the EAWARN, prof. Valery Tishkov)
Areas of specialization: Studies on Statehood in Tatarstan & Federalism in Russia
Language spoken: Russian, Tatar, Reading knowledge & colloquial knowledge of German, beginner in English.
1. R. Abdrakhmanov, E. Mavrina. Republic of Tatarstan. Model of Ethnological Monitoring. Moscow. 1999. 150 p. (in Russian)
2. The prospects of federalism in Russia // Etno. 2001, N 1. In collaboration with G.Pougacheva. (in Russian)
3. Abdrakhmanov R.F. Local self-management in Republic of Tatarstan // Local management of multiethnical communities in the CIS countries. Edited by V.Tishkov and E.Filippova. - M.: Open Society «Aviaizdat», 2001. - 400 p. (in Russian)
4. Local self-government in the Republic of Tatarstan // Local Governance and Minority Empowerment in the CIS. Budapest. 2002. - 356 p.
5. Interethnic situation in Tatarstan // Interethnic attitudes and conflicts in the post-soviet states. The annual report, 2001. Moscow. 2002. (in Russian)
6. Republic of Tatarstan // On a way to census. - M.: Open Society «Aviaizdat», 2003. – pp. 421-440. (in Russian)
7. The All-Russia census in Tatarstan: forecasts, events, comments // Ethnography of census-2002. – M.: Open Society «Aviaizdat», 2003. – p 287-305. (in Russian)
8. Tatarstan in the beginning of the XXI century // Atlas Tartarika. The history of Tatars and peoples of Eurasia. Republic of Tatarstan yesterday and today. Issue Center «Design. Information. Cartography». 2005. – p. 888. (in Russian)
Regular expert surveys on ethno-political processes in Tatarstan published in Bulletin of Network on Ethnological Monitoring and Early Warning of Conflicts and among them (in Russian):
1. R.Abdrakhmanov. Republic in the Mirror of Sociology // Network on Ethnological Monitoring and Early Warning of Conflicts. Bulletin, N 13, May 1997.
2. R.Abdrakhmanov. Ex-territorial forms of self-organisations of Tatars. Network on Ethnological Monitoring and Early Warning of Conflicts. Bulletin N 25, May-June,1999.
3. R.Abdrakhmanov. United Action of the Opposition. Network on Ethnological Monitoring and Early Warning of Conflicts. Bulletin N 26, July-August, 1999.
4. Reforms of a state system of Russia // Network on Ethnological Monitoring and Early Warning of Conflicts. Privoljsk Federal Region. The bulletin ¹ 1, November 2000. and many other.