On August, 29, 2006 a «round table» from a series of «brain storms» on a theme «the Center and regions: recentralization and its consequences for Russia» was held on the basis of Pyatigorsk branch of North Caucasian Academy of Public Service (NCAPS) (Stavropol territory, especially protected ecological-resort region of the Caucasian Mineral Waters, Pyatigorsk). (Pyatigorsk, Dunayevskij street, 5, building 2, academic council meeting room (room 35)).
The action was held under the initiative of the Kazan Institute of Federalism (executive director R.F.Abdrakhmanov) within the framework of carrying out of a series of «brain storms» in a number of the Russian regions and in Moscow. The presenter of the «brain storm» – Leokadia Drobizheva, the doctor of historical sciences, the professor, the head of the center of researches of interethnic relations of Institute of sociology of the Russian Academy of Science, copresenter – Maya Astvatsaturova, the doctor of political sciences, the senior lecturer, the head of the Center of ethnopolitical researches, deputy director of Pyatigorsk branch of NCAPS on scientific work.
Tasks of the action: to rethink a problem of relations «the Center – regions» from the positions of regional elites and experts, on the one hand, and to invite to dialogue of representatives of the federal authority and analysts who from its part would estimate character of the changes observed in this space for years of reforms on strengthening of a vertical of authority from another.
Substantial concepts of the action:
· Relations of the center and regions in conditions of recentralization and its consequences for Russia have the new content;
· vectors of regional measurement of a political life of Russia, and problems of federalism do not lose an urgency at strengthening of a vertical of authority and politics of centralization of the Kremlin;
· regions and their elites in a new situation, not resorting to open forms of the protest, they show strong enough stability in political dialogue with the Center;
· strategy of the Russian regions, to a certain extent, is turned to aspiration «to protect» themselves from a pulse of centralization, and in some cases to receive dividends from a new politics of the Kremlin;
· relations of the federal Center and regions are beyond interaction of two levels of authority, being the indicator of a condition of political system;
· for multinational and difficult on the administrative-territorial device of the Russian Federation the relations «the Center – regions» are a key problem for understanding of essence of the Russian federalism.
· in conditions of becoming of a civil society and immaturity of its institutes quality of federal relations in Russia comes to interaction of the Center and subjects of Federation.
Key categories and concepts of «a round table»: «decentralized federation», «constitutional-contractual federation», «asymmetric federation», «recentralization», «limits of centralization», «areas with the special status », «administrative reform», «reform of local self-management», «national and regional safety», «stability in local communities», «resources of Stavropol territory in dialogue with the Center», «the geopolitic status of Stavropol territory», «especially protected ecological-resort region CMW», «resorts of federal value».
The list of questions discussed in a course of «brain storm»:
1. The problems, which have arisen in mutual relations of the Center and regions in process of strengthening of a vertical of authority during the period of putin reforms.
2. Formal and informal resources of influence of the Center on subjects of federation.
3. Strategic alliances of authority and business.
4. Are there any limits of centralization: view from the Center and regions.
5. Transfer of authorities from the Center to regions in cultural and community sphere: opportunities of modernization developments.
6. New models of interaction between the Center and regions: unification or pluralization?
7. Timeliness and readiness of suggested municipal reform, a level of its coordination with regions.
8. Social reforms and differentiation (redistribution) of authorities between the center and regions.
9. National projects and their influence on character of relations between the Center and subjects of federation.
10. National projects and their role in solving of a problem of 2008.
11. The center and regions in front of the problem of 2008: can regional elites influence electoral behavior of the population.
12. Intermediate term (up to 2008, up to 2015) scripts of interaction of the Center and regions: opportunities of optimum model.
Participants of discussion – experts:
1) Novikov Valery, the vice-president of committee of Stavropol territory on affairs of nationalities and cossacks (Stavropol).
2) Ushakov Sergey, the assistant to the governor of Stavropol territory on connections with municipal formations of especially protected ecological-resort region of the Russian Federation – the Caucasian Mineral Waters (Stavropol).
3) Ljashenko Svetlana, the deputy the head of administration of especially protected ecological-resort region of the Russian Federation – Caucasian Mineral Waters (Essentuky).
4) Veretennikov Vladimir, acting deputy head of administration of Pyatigorsk (Pyatigorsk).
5) Slepakov Sergey, head of a faculty of economy and management at the enterprise, Branch of North Caucasian State Technological University (Pyatigorsk).
6) Malakhova Galina, director, branch of NCAPS in Pyatigorsk (Pyatigorsk).
7) Astvatsaturova Maya, the deputy director on scientific work, branch of NCAPS in Pyatigorsk (Pyatigorsk).
8) Myshjakov Vadim, the deputy director on external contacts, on improvement of professional skill and professional retraining, branch of NCAPS in Pyatigorsk (Pyatigorsk).
9) Kiseleva Natalia, senior lecturer of the faculty of the economic theory and business, branch of NCAPS in Pyatigorsk (Pyatigorsk).
Teachers, post-graduate students, the students studying the very problems and working in the very sphere have been invited to «a round table».
On results of «brain storm» the press release is prepared.